- Selection of an unlimited number of stilling basins for each analysis
- Definition of layout through structure dimensions, upstream sill height, downstream sill height, etc.
- Investigation of an unlimited number of load conditions for each structure
- Description of each load condition through expected volume flow rate, flow depth in the upstream channel, flow depth in the downstream channel, etc.
- Computation of upstream boundary conditions from energy balance at the upstream section
- Computation of hydraulic jump features (conjugate depths, energy dissipation, etc.) from force balance between the upstream and downstream sections
- Computation of downstream boundary conditions from energy balance at the downstream section
- Comparison of results with available field data
- Visualisation of results
- Suitable for designing and testing
OPTIONS FOR IO OPERATIONS
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Files (xlsx)
OPTIONS FOR GRAPHICS
- Standard Image Formats (jpeg, tiff)
- Portable Document Format (pdf)
Figure 1 illustrates some typical simulation results.
Figure 1. Head (Y-Axis) versus specific energy (X-Axis).